Scribbles on a Notebook
Saturday was probably the hardest but most fun day in the history of poolie meetings. We got to the office at 8 am and drove to Asheville for our monthly IST in front of master sergeant. This was my FINAL IST... The one that counts for me getting into bootcamp. Lots of pressure.. Yeah. So, my hang sucked... Not really.. It just wasn't my best. 54 seconds. My crunches were really good... 85. And my run time!! Woohoo! Fastest female with the time of 12:17!! Pretty good for me... My best time yet. After all that we played a very strange game of softball. No one really knew the scores, everyone was too busy talking smack. I think it had something to do with waaaaaay too much tesasterone. Anyway.. About two hours in the SUPER hot sun and we were exhausted. Everyone just wanted to go home... Yeah right. So! Gunny decides that it's been too easy of a day for us and that we need to go PT. (Physically Train) We decided to go over to lake Summet (MY lake!!) and swim at Justin's aunt's lake house. Well, we did laps, then did pushups.. Then laps then pushups. Then we treaded water and did leg lifts... Then Gunny decides that we need cardio training. So we start this race. We run barefoot around the lake about 1/2 mile to the public access place, jump into the water, swim about 150 meters back to the boathouse, and then repeat. We did not 4, not 6, but 10 laps that way. That's 5 miles and 1500 meters... That's A LOT. We were told that if we got too tired, to stop and wait on the dock. Well, out of 15 people only 6 finished the whole amount. And me? Well, I was never more than 3 people from the front of the pack! I was so proud! I didn't think I could make it... But I kept telling myself that I wasn't going to stop until I was in the back.. Because as long as I was in front on somebody I had more strength than they did and I couldn't quit when I could still keep going. About halfway through I stepped on a piece of glass and it lodged in my second toe. Man that hurt. But I pulled it out and put a bandaid on it and kept running. After all that we still had to swim laps and do pushups and stuff like that. Then we played King of the dock!! Woohoo! I love that game! We had so much fun! No one could breathe we were laughing so hard. Oh.. And did I mention that I had to swim in my LARGE shirt because we didn't know we were going to swim? It was like pulling a parachute behind me.. It was awful. After that, my niece Danielle had wanted me to come spend the night at her apartment, but all the poolies were going to Ryan's Steak House to eat. So I asked her if she wanted to tag along.. She did. So we ate, had them sing happy birthday to Gunny (no it wasn't his birthday) and then left for her house.
Ahh... What a night. We got over there, and one of her friends calls her to tell her that he's singing kareoke at this little restaurant downtown (she lives in Brevard). So we decide we'd love to go see. That was probably the funniest thing I have ever seen... These REALLY drunk people kept coming up to sing al these songs.. It was really bad!! haha! But sooo funny. Her friends actually did a really good job. He almost talked me into going up there, but I was like noo way!
I was soooo tied but we didn't even get in bed till 3 Saturday night.. And then danielle got a call at 6:30 and had to go to work. She's a firefighter so she's on call whenever. I was too tired Sunday night at church.. I could hardly even stand up for choir practice... I got in bed at around 11 last night.. And I'm still tired.. I think I'll go take a nap or something.
love peace and potato chips!


5 Comments:
WOW!! Thats great! Erin! I love you so much!!!! ;-) Happiness!
Wow. Sounds like someone had an interesting day.
Hi there Ernie,
Just to give you a heads up, you're probably going to get some more comments on this post: Scribbles on a Notebook. I found you when I was out looking for the latest info about rashguards volcom products, and even though this doesn't relate to rashguards volcom, I still had to stop and tell you that you're doing a great job. You're about to get some visits from my brother and sister. I told them about your blog so I hope you don't mind.
Hi there Ernie,
Just to give you a heads up, you're probably going to get some more comments on this post: Scribbles on a Notebook. I found you when I was out looking for the latest info about quicksilver rashguards products, and even though this doesn't relate to quicksilver rashguards, I still had to stop and tell you that you're doing a great job. You're about to get some visits from my brother and sister. I told them about your blog so I hope you don't mind.
You have a great site here on karate monkey. I also run a karate monkey site that you and your visitors may find interesting.
Post a Comment
<< Home