Tuesday, June 14, 2005

I am NOT a complete idiot...Some parts are missing.

Just kidding! I'm not missing anything... cept maybe common sense. HAH! Ok..
So, I just got finished reading everything in my gorgeous new scrapbook for the 4th time.. It makes me cry every time!! I can't hardly stand it! Susannah.. *sigh* I love you! you are the most awesome person in the world! That was the best gift ever! I love how you were apologizing for grammatical errors I didn't even see...
You know, I have my quiz thing on my IM profile, and I am VERY surprised how poorly everyone is doing. NO ONE knows my rank, or my dad's FIRST name... And other stuff like things about my siblings and all that. I'm not upset at all.. Just a bit ... Taken aback. I guess I don't talk as much as I thought I did. Or my friends don't listen like I thought they did... But it's probably just me.
OH! I need to give you guys the low down...
Saturday, as usual, we had our poolie meeting. We did a full PFT (Physical Fitness Test) which includes: max hang, max crunches, and 3 mile run. Well, the hang wasn't my best, but it was still very good, the crunches were only 2 under my max, and the run...Ha! The run sucked. I haven't run a 5 mile in so long... I passed.. But just BARELY.. Like... I had seconds to spare... Horrible. So naturally, I was all upset and discouraged after that poor attempt when IT happened. Let me explain.
we usually do something exciting and new after our normal IST. This week, we got to go to MY lake and PT!!! I was so excited!! I love swimming! But I knew that it was going to be very physically demanding. I honestly didn't expect to do well.. Especially after that run kicked my butt. When we started, we swam out and around Gunny, and back to the dock. When we got out we did some sort of exercise (leg lifts, crunches, pushups, etc.), and then jumped right back in. No time to stop.. Or breath. This went on for about 45 mins. Then Gunnny had us all get into the water and tried for 5 mins. Then we treaded with out our arms for 5 and then without our legs for 5. We squished tight into a group and treaded even longer. Lots of people flipped out... Just cause we were squished so tight I guess. We then swam all the way across the lake. It was prolly about 450 meters there and back. As I was getting out.. I looked around and realized something... I was all by myself. Everyone else was about 20 feet behind me. That was so cool! Ryan Hendrix is so good at everything! I never can beat him!! And this time I was smokin! Then gunny had us do a race... Up the stairs, run 100 yards, swim 200 meters, and then repeat. As we were going up the stairs, it was me, Ryan, and Brandon neck and neck... And neck.. (w/e). When we started running.. Ryan pulled ahead.. Then we got to the water... I passed him... And kept swimming.. I got out and started running again. As I was getting into the water again, Ryan was getting out.. Brandon was WAYYYY behind (along with the other 13 poolies). I dove into the water and killed myself trying to get all the way out to Gunny. As I got to him.. He shook his head. "I'm really proud of you Erin, but this is pathetic. You shouldn't be beating Brandon and Justin." HA! Little does he know! I finished a good minute and a half before Ryan, and about 3 minutes before everyone else. We did more relays and swam the lake twice more before we left.. And I beat everyone at EVERYTHING in the water!!! I was SOOOOO excited!! Everyone kept telling me afterward that I swam at Mach 3! hahaha! I love it! Some of those guys needed a girl to show them up! They're all body builders with all this muscle and good looks and whatever, so they needed me to show them they are NOT king of the world. I AM!
The REALLY cool part was, When I was running, I was praying to God, asking him just for the strength to keep running. And God said to me, "I am your strength and salvation. Lean on me." and so I did. All I was expecting was for Him to get me through the day. I NEVER expected Him to help me rock! I was singing m own praises all the way home! It was sooo cool. He really is awesome!! I can't even believe it! Man! He gave me just what I needed to keep me motivated! Wow, I love God.

3 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Oh wow. That is incredible!!!!!!!!! I just love reading about all your truumphs and stuff! ;-) Love ya much!

9:47 PM  
Blogger No one of consequence said...

Lol, that's awesome. Um, I don't mean to toot my own horn...but I got ALL the questions about your siblings correct...and on your quiz, I got ten out of thirteen right...so what I want to know is how that came out to 62 percent? I think the scoring is rigged.

9:54 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

That song that I posted, believe it or not is an old big band style song. It's by uh....barn. Oh, I think Guy Lombardi. Anyway...glad you liked it! ;-)

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home