Saturday, April 16, 2005

The proud owner of a belly button!

Hey yall! I juat had the most awsome day!
Well, mostly.

OK! So, I had my marine function today. We all (meaning RSS Ashville as well) went to johnson city to the ISVM (pronounced is-vam), and had the most incredible day! There were so many poolees there!

We started by trying out this really cool simulator. it's like a big video game. You get a weapon and fire through an air compresser towards this screen of bad guys and junk like that. I got to use an M16 and a K23. The M16, for those illiterate people! *wink wink* , is and automated 22 caliber rifle, and the K23 is a missle launcher. IT WAS SO COOL! I blew up like, three choppers and a tank! and I did my best to hit the bad guys, but riflemanship is NOT my strong point. I did ok... for a girl...
NEXT! we went to an obstical course that MY recruter had set up (I was proud.. sry) and he split us up into teams, of course putting RSS Hendo together as a team, and we went through it. our team had the record time for the whole day! A whole minute and a half faster than anyone elses. I was exstatic. but I cut my knees to peices. so now my knees and hands are awful. BTW climbing around on unfiished wood hurts like crap on open sores on your hands. I thought I was gonna die.... not really, I enjoyed it, but it just sounds dramatic. And then!
We went to PT (physical training), and our group did THE BEST! AHH! I an so happy. I did the best I've ever done on an IST. I got a whole minute and 45 seconds faster on my run, did 81 crunches (my norm is around 70) and hung for 1:06. one of my better times. I am so pumped! I can't even talk straight.
And then for lunch we had MREs... gag. Mine was awful, but brandon let me have some of his. it was just an awsome motivating day! OO-RA!

OK! So, I am almost dead on my feet, so I'm going to go sleep now! Goodbye! and have awsome days!

3 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

wow. cool. great! Glad you're motivated!

1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're so happy. :)

8:57 PM  
Blogger No one of consequence said...

Ha. I read it this time. I really don't have muhc to say, since I already reacted yesterday when you told me all this.

You didn't tell me your recruiter set up the obstacle coursem though. How awesome.

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home