Boys are stupid...throw flowers at them
I really am starting to think that I'm never going to find any boy that I actually like. I haven't had a real cruh for years and the most recent wasn't really a crush...just an ifatuation with the idea of having a boyfriend. When I join the marines, I'm not going to have the time or energy for a relationships, and I don't really think I want a work relationship. I don't know. I'll most likely never get married. I know I want to, but I'm independant enough and secure enough to do without. That thought used to scare me...to never get married was an idea that I never wanted play with. But now, I'm really ok with that. I don't think I would mind not getting married as long as I had a few male friends to hang with and talk to. That houldn't be a problem. After all...only 7% of marines are female, and out of that, 38% are married already. That leaves about 4% of marines for the remaining 93% to try and talk to! lol....this is gonna be rough. My CO told me that if you act professional and disconnected most men will leave you alone because they get so intimidated by a woman who can physically and mentally keep up and exceed whatever they can do. I think that's awsome. So if I simply act like this is a job not an opportunity to meet guys, I should be fine! Wow, I'm excited.
I can't wait to push myself through boot camp. Just to know that I made it, and I kept up with everybody else and that I can accomplish anything that is set on my way, that's just an awsome feeling. It really builds confidence as well as character and discipline. I'm probably gonna cry when my DI calls me a Marine for the first time.... I has to be an emotional moment.
I guess the hardest part of being a marine, for me, is to watch what I say and how I say it. Not only concerning profanity, but also... I'm kinda sarcastic and that will NOT go over well in boot camp. I need to just keep my mouth shut. The strong silent type... lol. Well...enough about that, I need to go eat.. I'm hungery!


2 Comments:
Gosh, I know exactly how you feel. I'm just now coming to terms with the idea that I probably won't have a husband either...it doesn't make me wanna cry or anything, it's just kind of depressing. Don't worry about getting a husband...God has your life planned out, if your gonna have a husband, He knows how it'll work. How's that for Jesus answer? That's probably about as helpful as saying "when life gives you lemons, make lemonade." Well...even if it is cliche, it's still true...I mean, I thought that when I read what you wrote...but when I wrote the sentence it sounded so much like a "here's the Jesus answer, now go be okay and don't talk about it anymore" and that's not at all what I meant. And I'm not talking about the lemonade phrase.
Um, I get the weirdest feeling I'm rambling. My goodness. You see me every single day except for Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday. You must be sick of me by now. Okay, goodbye. Have a nice week. I'll see you tomorrow! Remember to read Genesis 2, you slacker. (joke..haha)
Love you, Sexy, (another joke...haha, which isn't to say that you aren't...I've just never considered you in that light)
Um. Goodbye.
This is Susannah, if you hadn't figured it out already.
Ya'know, I just love this! Like, Erin, I hardly ever see you, but I can talk to you, and know whats going on in your head! Anyway...Dude, this is so funny! Like, the whole marriage thing. 'Cause to tell the truth, I know I'm not going to get married for about ten years at least! And really, I want to be an indenpendent female! Ok, y'all. In 2010, we all need to get together! K? Oh, and y'all know the Old Fashioned Christmas thing? They're having ice skating up there, so we should go spend the afternoon up on MAin st that day! Well, I have to run! Bye!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home