Hello all! Yesterday I got on and typed this whole long thing and it deleted it!!! I was sooooo mad!
Anyway!!!!! I am exausted and I've only worked one meal today so far. Ahhhh!
For those of you who don't know, I work in the dish room with two guys. Neil and Tyler. We each swap off on what we do every day. One does pots and pans, one does plates and cups and silverware, the other dries. Well, today, Tyler got sick and had to leave so Neil and I were stuck with alllll the dishes. Neil is a great guy and all, but he's as helpful as a tuba is to a sparrow. So I ended up doing pots and pans and spraying the other stuff and loading it into the dishwasher. Neil dried. Ugggg. And when the dishes got piled up, guess who helped me?? NOBODY!!!!!!!!!
After we were finally done, he said, "hey Erin?? I forgot that I promised to call my mom today, so I need to leave early. Can you sweep and mop?? Oh, don't forget to wipe down the counters and swap the clothes. Bye!" (we have to wash dry and fold all the towles that we use at every meal. Fun fun.) So, I couldn't be more tired. And since Tyler wasn't there, I had nobody to cheer me up. Tyler is my rock. If he wasn't there, I'd quit. Seriously.
Several of you have been asking me about my hours. Here they are.
I wake up a 6:00 every morning to have time to stretch, read my bible and shower. I report to the dining hall at 7:00 and eat. I get off of breatfast whenever I get done. Usually aroung 10:00 or 10:30. I have to be back for lunch at 11:15 adn I get off at around 2:00. Then I have untill 4:15 untill I have to be back! Thank goodness I get some time off! I'm always so excited after lunch! I work till around 7:15 at night then go to chaple untill 10:00. Then I'm free!!!!!!!!! All the staff get free snow cones and so at night we eat a ton of those things! Last night Joel and I ate 6 apiece. Yum!!!! Well, since we're all hyper on snow cones and candy and late-night-pizza, we stay up untill around 1:30 or 2:00. Oh!!!! You would be so proud of me! I accually got in bed at 12:15 last night! That's the earliest I've been to bed in a week!!!!! I was so happy!
In the dishroom, we get the campers to help out with the dishes in exchange for pionts for their team. All they do is take peoples plates, dip them in water to get the crud off and the put them into a tray. When the tray is full, they slide it thought the window to us and we take it from there. We get different kids to do it every day, so every morning I have to go in early and show them how to do it. Yesterday there was this little boy there that must have been around 11. He sat and stared at me the whole time I was talking. When I was finished he looked up at me and said, "Did you know you have dimples??" I was kinda fed up with him not listening to me and this isn't the "best week of the month" (if you get that), so I said, "You know, I look at myself every day in the mirror and have never noticed that!" (sarcasm) Well, he started giggling and I have got rid of him yet. That's so annoying.
I got so mad at Tyler the other day. I was sitting by the pool (I was NOT wearing a swimsuite) and he launched this water baloon right into my lap. I was wet and cold.
Well, I have to go! I miss you guys so much!!!!!!!! I can't wait to talk to you!!!!! Love ya lots!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home